A Message From Kate, the Executive Editor – November 2015:
SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
I am currently working on the three overdue issues of Zest. Please accept my apologies. The ezine is very much still alive and kicking, things are just running very slowly as I am a one woman organisation with lots of commitments! Thank you for your continued patience. If you are interested in submitting work for consideration in our 2016 issues – please read the guidelines and potential themes listed below.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES BELOW CAREFULLY. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY LEAD TO YOUR PIECE NOT BEING ACCEPTED.
All work should be sent FAO Kate, the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your genre in the subject line.
We accept material from the following genres:
- Fiction (Up to 3,000 words)
- Creative Nonfiction (Up to 3,000 words)
- Poetry (3 short poems or 1 poem up to 40 lines)
- Flash Fiction/Creative Nonfiction (Up to 1,000 words)
- Micro Fiction/Creative Nonfiction (Up to 250 words)
- Art/Photography (Up to 5 drawings and 5 photos – JPEGS, TIFFS)
1. All work must be previously unpublished, including having appeared on personal blogs and social networking sites.
2. Please include word count, name, and title of piece in the email.
3. Please include the issue name you are submitting to in the Subject line or Body of the email.
4. Always include your piece as a word document. DO NOT include it in the body of the email.
5. If we publish you in Zest, please do not resubmit new work until the next issue has passed.
6. All literature must be submitted in a Word document, double-spaced with no overly ornate/hard to decipher fonts such as Wingdings, and should be titled.
7. All photography and art work should be submitted as JPEGS or TIFFS.
Six Questions for Kate Alexander-Kirk and Amy Sibley
2016 Themes – These are the ideas I am currently flirting with: